• Serving US companies nationwide
  • Mon - Sun 8am - 6pm CT
  • (512) 503-3080

Looking for a First-Class R & D tax credit advisor?

Environmental Engineering R&D Tax Credits

Environmental engineering companies have an important task of protecting both resources and people. They achieve this by analyzing problems and coming up with solutions that, among other things, ensure clean energy, water, and healthy habitats. However, such operations tend to be fairly expensive. For this reason, businesses need the Environmental Engineering research and development tax credit to offset some costs.

If you own an environmental engineering company, you may be eligible for refunds of up to 22% of your total QREs. However, the refund percentage will depend on different factors, such as the location. That is because each state offers a different R&D tax program.

Qualifying Costs and Activities

Basically, QRE refers to costs related to your research activities, such as employee and third-party contractor wages, as well as raw materials and supplies expenses. More precisely, job titles you can offset include water project managers, surveyors, project managers, environmental specialists, environmental engineers, energy and carbon consultants, CAD engineers, and C-Suite. Furthermore, the following activities qualify for the R&D tax credit in the Environmental Engineering industry:

  • Carrying out environmental impact analyses;

  • Developing novel techniques for the treatment of hydrocarbons, ammonia, or other substances;

  • Putting soil cleanup strategies in place for radioactive or cancer-causing materials;

  • Constructing flare systems for gas and oil installations;

  • Incorporating concepts for hazardous waste disposal into an already-existing building;

  • Designing innovative water treatment systems that maximize effectiveness.

When You Need Expert Help

Reach out to us today to speak with our team of tax credit professionals to calculate your environmental engineering R&D tax credit without upfront costs.



What kind of companies can apply?

Environmental engineering companies that conduct qualifying research activities.

What data do I need to calculate credit?

Claim period gross receipts.

What information do I need to provide?

General ledger expense detail, payroll records, project notes, project lists, emails, purchase orders, and other documents regarding QREs for the claiming period.

Is credit carryforward an option?

Yes, up to twenty years.

request a call back.

Would you like to speak to one of our R&D tax credit advisors over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.